The national Association ofItalian language and culture schools for foreigners, LICET, announces its willingness to promote language training and cultural integration for refugees from Afghanistan by offering scholarships to attend courses organized by its member schools.
The LICET Schools, situated throughout the country, will make available to the institutions in charge of refugee reception one or more free places in their foreign student classes,which are held all year round or seasonally, for the year 2021-2022. In order for Afghan refugees to be placed in these types of classes, it is important that the attendees are literate and have mastered the Latin alphabet. Literacy courses would require specific classes that are not available in most of our schools.
The pandemic emergency has drastically reduced the number of students enrolled in Italian schools for foreigners: on one hand, this creates the possibility of having free places available in our classes, but on the other hand, it could mean the periodic absence of classes at some levels, especially in certain periods of the year. Therefore, it is necessary that those interested in participating are first informed of the availability in each school.
LICET schools are distributed throughout Italy, both in large cities and small towns, and this can facilitate the transfer of enrollees from one school to another (subject to the availability of places). This presents an opportunity for refugees who, especially during their first weeks and months in Italy, may need to move to different areas of the country.
Below is the list of schools participating in the LICET project for Afghanistan:
Academya Lingue – Bologna
Amalelingue – Genova
Artelingua – Spoleto
Campus Magnolie – Castelraimondo
Centro Italiano Firenze
Centro Mediterraneo Pintadera – Alghero
Centro Studi Italiani – Urbania/Milano/Genova
Culturforum – Palermo
Easy Italian Language & Art – Venezia
Edulingua – San Severino Marche
ELLCI – Milano
ILikeIt – Olbia
Il Sasso – Montepulciano
InClasse – Verona
InFlorence Academy – Firenze
Istituto Dante Alighieri – Milano
Istituto Europeo – Firenze
Istituto Il David – Firenze
ItalianMe – Firenze
Italiano&Co – Macerata
Italianopoli – Napoli
Kappa Language School – Roma
Lucca Italian School
L’Accademia – Cagliari
L’Italiano Con Noi – Verona
Messapia Lingua e Cultura Italiana – Galatina
NaClips – Napoli
Orbit – Orbetello
Passaporto Italia – Bari
Porta d’Oriente – Lecce
Scud’It – Roma
Scuola Conte Ruggiero – Vibo Valentia
Scuola Dante Alighieri Campus l’Infinito – Recanati
Scuola Palazzo Malvisi – Bagno di Romagna
Scuola RomIT – Roma
Scuola Virgilio – Trapani
Sicilia Italian Language School – Palermo
Slang – Oristano
StudioItaliano – Tropea
StudItalia – Olbia
Terramare – Orbetello
The Italian Academy – Siracusa
Tiberius International – Rimini
Trulli Italian School – Alberobello
Un Mare Di Italiano – Pula
METHOD OF PROSPECTIVE SCHOLARSHIP ENROLMENT FOR ACCESS TO COURSES OFFERED BY LICET SCHOOLS
The organizations interested in sending Afghan refugees to Licet schools so that the same might avail of Italian language courses are requested to contact the Licet administration via email.
Licet administration will reply in the case of applications made exclusively by officially recognized organizations (Enti and Organismi in Italian) offering hospitality to refugees. Application from the individual refugee will not be considered.
- Candidates for scholarships must, however, already be literate and able to read and write texts in Roman script (in Licet schools literacy courses would constitute an absolute exception to the rule).
- After application the administration at Licet will put the applicants into contact with the Italian schools closest to where the applicants are housed.
- Confirmation of enrolment is inextricably bound to availability of courses offered in the single schools – courses deemed to correspond, to boot, to the linguistic competence of applicants.
- Where it is possible to offer courses for the required level, every school will beavailable to accept one scholarship attendee a month, i. e. for a monthly course. Should that same attendee desire to follow courses for a longer period of time and should the school avail of adequate courses, there is no reason why he/she should not continue to attend - on the understanding that in the months pursuant to initial enrolment the school cannot accept further scholarship subjects.
- The courses are totally free of charge.